- Name(s) and Titles: Aedryl Levins
- Nickname(s) or Alter-Egos: The Hunter
- Height/Weight: 6’3" 180lbs
- Hair: Short, Brown, Messy
- Eyes: Blue
- Commonly Worn Clothing: Leather Hunting Outfit with Survival Pack
- Physical Mannerisms: Wary, Cautious, Caring
- Scars/Injuries: Two scars in chest
Family and Friends:
- Father: Maerd Levins
- Mother: Aeyir Levins
- Siblings: None
- Children: None
- Friends: Idrath Nish, Theodoric Gainler, Dixie McQuinn, Natalie Harper, Elena
- Alliances: Defenders of Lyconia
Aedryl grew up in Lyconia in the city known as Port Rengall. A simple village member, Aedryl earned his living as a hunter, providing food for the hungry and helping to maintain Port Rengall’s surrounding forest. With the arrival of the pillagers, Aedryl took on additional responsibilities such as helping to rescue captured townsfolk and scouting pillager movements to provide warning of impending attacks. It was during one of these scouting trips that Aedryl met a group of adventurers, the Defenders of Lyconia, and joined them in seeking aid from a nearby mage in pursuit of hunting a dragon. Attacked by an unknown enemy while tending to camp outside the mage’s tower, Aedryl managed to fight off his attackers and escape death, but was poisoned by Witchbane that coated the attacker’s blades. This anti-magic poison, crafted specifically to render spellcasters helpless, nearly resulted in his death had it not been for the quick actions of Idrath, Elena, and Rosa, the kind herbalist of Port Rengall. While Aedryl recovered physically from the attack, the poison held true to its main purpose and destroyed much of his memory of his past. No longer the man that the people of Port Rengall remembered him, Aedryl set out under the advice of Rosa to seek out those who had saved his life and to keep moving forward.
Characteristics and Personality:
- Occupation: Hunter
- Education: Informal, Wilderness Survival, Hunting, Tracking, Trapping
- Strengths: Cautious, Brave, Accepting, Excellent marksman
- Weaknesses: Distrustful, Poor close combat skills
- Likes/Hobbies/Values: Outdoors, Camping, Exploring, Nature
- Dislikes/Phobias: Barbaric behavior, Aggressive people, Senseless violence
- Fatal Flaws: Feels he has an obligation to help those who cannot help themselves
- Skills: Hunting, Tracking, Trapping, Salves, Foraging, Camouflage, Bowmanship
- Dreams/Long-term Desires: To become a renowned hunter
- Mental Stability: Mostly Stable
- Secrets: Forgotten
What is the one item your character cannot live without?
What is in there way in life?
An uncertainty in life direction.
How has this character developed within the last few years?
As a hunter near Port Rengall, Lyconia, Aedryl helped provide food for the local townsfolk. With the arrival of the pillagers, he has also taken it upon himself to help rescue the kidnapped and provide warning of attacks.
What matters most to your character?
Honor, Character, and Personal Integrity
What’s your character’s type or archetype?
A woodsman turned hero
If you could describe your character in one sentence, what would you say?
A simple man trying to do his best in a terrifying world.
What would break your character mentally?
Witnessing mass murder or other such atrocities.
Who influenced your character the most?
The good and honest people of Port Rengall.
- Aedryl’s Hunting Bow of Resurgence = +2 modifier for Ranged Attack rolls.
– Aedryl’s hunting bow bears the proof of his life, even if his memories fail him.
- Elven Agility = +2 modifier for Agility rolls.
– Aedryl’s elven grace allows him to move with sure feet through hard terrain.
- Elven Arcana = +2 modifier for Magic Attack rolls and -2 modifier for Magic Defense rolls.
– Aedryl’s elven affinity for arcana allows him increased proficiency for reduced resiliency.
- Foraging = 1d20+2 Roll to forage for natural items, such as herbs, sticks, rocks, and food.
– Aedryl’s wilderness experience allows him to quickly spot items of aid.
- Wild Salve = 1d20+2 Roll to stabilize a living entity using herbs. (1d2 for 1 point of healing)
– Aedryl brings his wilderness expertise to bear to bring a creature back from the brink.
- Tracking = 1d20+2 Roll to determine an entity’s direction of travel.
– Aedryl’s success at hunting prey has taught him the best methods of finding his quarry.
- Camouflage = 1d20+2 Roll to attempt to hide using terrain.
– Aedryl’s experience in long hunts have reinforced the need for patience and ambush.
- Hunting Shot = 1d20 (No Cooldown)
– Aedryl draws and looses a well-aimed arrow from his bow.
- Dragonbane Shot = 1d20+5 (3 Turn Cooldown)
– Aedryl pushes his bow to the limit, threatening to break it in order to loose a devastating arrow.
- Rapid Volley = 5d20 (5 Turn Cooldown)
– Aedryl puts his practice to work, loosing five arrows in rapid succession.
- Lead the Wind = +5 modifier on Attack Roll for 1 Turn (3 Turn Cooldown)
– Aedryl’s experience hunting has taught him how to use the wind to guide his arrows.
- Hunter’s Stance = +3 modifier on Attack and Defensive Rolls for 3 Turns (5 Turn Cooldown)
– Aedryl’s lifetime of hunting has conditioned his body to be ready for anything, prey or predator.