Everyone has a story to tell…and what better way to express that than through a character bio!
What is a character bio?:
- Also known as a character profile, a character bio is a summary of traits of a character. They are useful for people to get a feel for what a person is about, who they are, and their desires. Character bios can be short and sweet, or long and detailed! However, it is advised that you don’t write a lengthy odyssey.
- The structure of a bio is dynamic and can change over time as you roleplay and discover how a character has changed through shared experiences.
Character bio Template: Please note that this is a template and should be used as inspiration for your own wonderful ideas and interpretations!
- Name(s) and Titles
- Nickname(s) or Alter-Egos
- Age: Mental/Physically
- Gender/Lack of Gender
- Sexuality/Lack of Sexuality
- Religion/Lack of Religion
- Hair: Length, Colour, Styling
- Eyes: Colour, Glasses
- Commonly Worn Clothing
- Physical Mannerisms: Stutter, Limp
- Voice: Accent, Tone, Volume, Slang Usage
Family and Friends:
- Extended Family
- Alliances: Groups or Individuals
This is where you can write a descriptive summary of your character’s journey thus far. Include: Key events that have occurred to them and how they deal with their struggles. Try and avoid making this section too long and instead add only the crucial details of who your character is!
Characteristics and Personality:
- Fatal Flaws
- Dreams/Long-term Desires
- Mental Stability/Lack of
Extra Questions: Use these to inspire you to create a fully realised character!
- What is the one item your character cannot live without?
- What is in there way in life?
- How has this character developed within the last few years?
- What matters most to your charater?
- What’s your character’s type or archetype?
- If you could describe your character in one sentence, what would you say?
- What would break your character mentally?
- Who influenced your character the most?