New Players - Read Me First!

Hello and welcome to the RoleplayCraft Community Forum! We’re happy to have you!

This post has been created to explain the Minecraft server and provide instructions on how to formally join the community by applying for the whitelist.

First, some friendly frequently asked questions!

Do I need to register before I can play on the server?
Yes you must fill out our white list application to get accepted to log onto server. - Our IP address: dedi.roleplaycraft.net

Do I need any mods or third-party software to play?
Nope! You only need an official Java Edition Minecraft account from Mojang to connect!

Where can I build?
We offer protected regions for the spawn, player homes, and player towns/cities. If you attempt to build and receive a message stating that you do not have permission, try traveling and building in a different location. Please simply ask a member of staff if you need your build protected! We would be happy to set up your single personal protection.

What is RoleplayCraft about?
RoleplayCraft is a fun and relaxed survival server with a roleplay theme, not a strict roleplay server. Our current theme is RPG fantasy and you can create your own areas in any style of building you wish. We have a rank system based on server involvement and an RPG styled race system. You can play this server for free with full build rights. We do not currently accept donations and do not allow any pay to win.

What in the world is Light-Roleplay?
We’re glad you asked! We like to play good old survival Minecraft and a lot of us love RPGs, DnD, and generally being creative - so we’ve aimed to have the best of both worlds on the server. We have people who don’t like to roleplay, people who have never roleplayed but are interested, people learning to roleplay, and then people who are quite experienced in roleplaying. We don’t have any set rules for roleplay, so it’s possible to find everything from a Demonic Kitsune Angel to your more standard DnD5e or Pathfinder. And everything in-between!

Is there a community Discord?
Yes! You can join our Discord here: https://discord.gg/NNsDWt9

Where can I go if I have more questions?
Please feel free to flag down any member of staff in-game or create a post here on the forum. Also, we have a channel on our Discord (#mc-support) where you can ask any and all questions you might have about the server, and we will answer as soon as we can!

To apply for the white list:

1. Please register to this forum by selecting the “Sign Up” button at the top of the page.
  2. Create a new topic in the “New Players ” category using the template below.

:one: What is your Minecraft in-game username?
My Minecraft in-game username is _____.
:two: How long have you been playing Minecraft?
I have been playing Minecraft since day/month/year.
:three: How did you find out about RoleplayCraft?
I found out about RoleplayCraft from _____.
:four: Have you ever been banned from another Minecraft Server/Community? If your answer was yes, what was the reason why?
I have not been banned from another Minecraft Server/Community.
:five: Have you read our Terms of Service Policy and Community Rules/Guidelines?
I have read our Terms of Service Policy and our Community Rules/Guidelines, and accepted the prompt at the bottom of this post.
:six: Desired Race?
:seven: Tell us a little bit about yourself?

Our staff tries to review these applications as often as they can but sometimes may forget to check. Asking a staff member in discord can be a good way to jog their memory and get your application processed in a quick manner.

Thank you and we hope to see you in-game!

:books: Other Useful information :books:

:closed_lock_with_key: Our Terms of Service: https://forum.roleplaycraft.net/tos

:closed_lock_with_key: Our Privacy Policy: https://forum.roleplaycraft.net/privacy

https://forum.roleplaycraft.net/t/brewery-guide/875/2

:bookmark: Rules :bookmark:

:herb: Community Rules :herb: :

• Do read these rules.
  • Do feel free to ask any questions!
  • RPC Staff team reserves the right to, given sufficient evidence and a majority staff vote, to perform punitive actions on a player on terms not specified below.

:star: General Conduct :star: :

• Do be nice and respectful to all players and staff. Avoid building right next to someone unless you have asked first.
  • Do not invade another player’s privacy.
  • Keep it clean, we are PG-13: Do not use sexual references or other adult content (e.g. sexting, sexual acts, illicit drug references, excessive or shocking violence). Avoid engaging in or soliciting erotic role-play.
  • Do not Advertise - don’t use our services to solicit yours.
  • Do not send inappropriate or malicious links/content.
  • Do not spam.
  • Do not be impatient. We respond when and if we have time.

:video_game: Gameplay Rules :video_game: :

• Do not use hacked clients or any cheating system. (Please view our list of accepted and approved game tweaks seen below.)
  • Do not use any Fully Automatic or AFK resource gathering machines, mob spawner systems are approved.
  • No lag machines/large areas of entity cramming. (we do encourage the use of redstone for it’s wonderful mechanics, just try to avoid building a computer for no good reason.)
  • Do not grief - Do not modify another person’s builds or otherwise ruin their gaming experience.

:performing_arts: Roleplay Rules :performing_arts: :

• NO ERP - I cannot stress this enough.
  • Do be fair to your fellow roleplayers, No Godmodding, Metagaming, etc.
  • Do ask to join roleplay sessions, it is good conduct.
  • Any and all rp sessions outside of RPC controlled resources - Discord, Forums & minecraft server are to be considered non-canon unless retroactively approved by the staff team.

:construction: Building Rules :construction: :

• No eyesores - while we don’t mind the occasional floating tree, do try to limit the amount of scenery breaking operations to a minimum, do at least try to cover up large mining/digging operations in the overworld.
  • Unless given permission, keep a respectful distance from other peoples’ builds: 50-100 blocks would usually suffice, major towns and server construction may be subject to a wider clearance area of 200 blocks
    :spider_web: Abandoned structures :spider_web: :
  • If a player has been inactive for more than two months, his structure would be declared free land, any possessions would be put in a designated holding location in spawn.
  • In order to prevent a building from being repossessed, one can leave a request in the forums with coordinates + screenshot.
  • Dirt huts and wooden/cobblestone/other boxes are subject to be upgraded at the discretion of our community management team. please see Building Rule 1 for further info.

:green_circle: Examples of Allowed Mods :green_circle: :

• Optifine and FastCraft
  • Not Enough Items
  • WAILA (A.K.A. What Am I Looking At)
  • Inventory Tweaks
  • MorePlayerModels
  • Litematica (Formerly known as Schematica.)
  • JourneyMap (And any other mapping mod!)
  • Your favorite resource pack (Don’t forget shaders!)
  • HUD mods that show armor or effect status
  • Animations mods

:red_circle: Examples of Disallowed Mods :red_circle: :

• Xray mods or resource packs (These give an unfair advantage over others.)
  • Hacked Clients (These give an unfair advantage over others.)
  • Auto Fishing Mods (Fish shouldn’t catch themselves!)
  • GammaBright (We’d prefer you use torches or night-vision potions.)
  • PvP cheats (Like auto-attackers, player locators, etc.)
1 Like