Server Update 2.4 - 2020-10-6

Hello everyone!

My name is Kolbi and I will be your guide today because it’s time for another Server Update ! We’ve got a bit to cover today, so grab your snacks and buckle up!

The Rules
First things first, the rules. Let’s get the most important update out of the way first. We’ve gone through and updated the rules for the server, RP, and everything in between. The new rules go as follows

Community Rules:

1. Do read these rules.
  2. Do feel free to ask any questions!
  3. RPC Staff team reserves the right to, given sufficient evidence and a majority staff vote, to perform punitive actions on a player on terms not specified below.

General Conduct:

1. Do be nice and respectful to all players and staff. Avoid building right next to someone unless you have asked first.
  2. Do not invade another player’s privacy.
  3. Keep it clean, we are PG-13: Do not use sexual references or other adult content (e.g. sexting, sexual acts, illicit drug references, excessive or shocking violence). Avoid engaging in or soliciting erotic role-play.
  4. Do not Advertise - don’t use our services to solicit yours.
  5. Do not send inappropriate or malicious links/content.
  6. Do not spam.
  7. Do not be impatient. We respond when and if we have time.

Gameplay Rules:

1. Do not use hacked clients or any cheating system. (Please view our list of accepted and approved game tweaks seen below.)
  2. Do not use any Fully Automatic or AFK resource gathering machines, mob spawner systems are approved.
  3. No lag machines/large areas of entity cramming. (we do encourage the use of redstone for it’s wonderful mechanics, just try to avoid building a computer for no good reason.)
  4. Do not grief - Do not modify another person’s builds or otherwise ruin their gaming experience.(edited)

Roleplay rules:

1. NO ERP - I cannot stress this enough.
  2. Do be fair to your fellow roleplayers, No Godmodding, Metagaming, etc.
  3. Do ask to join roleplay sessions, it is good conduct.
  4. Any and all rp sessions outside of server controlled resources - Discord, Forums & minecraft server are to be considered non-canon unless retroactively approved by the staff team.

Building Rules:

1. No eyesores - while we don’t mind the occasional floating tree, do try to limit the amount of scenery breaking operations to a minimum, do at least try to cover up large mining/digging operations in the overworld.
  2. Unless given permission, keep a respectful distance from other peoples’ builds: 50-100 blocks would usually suffice, major towns and server construction may be subject to a wider clearance area of 200 blocks

Abandoned structures:

1. If a player has been inactive for more than two months, his structure would be declared free land, any possessions would be put in a designated holding location in spawn.
  2. In order to prevent a building from being repossessed, one can leave a request in the forums with coordinates + screenshot.
  3. Dirt huts and wooden/cobblestone/other boxes are subject to be upgraded at the discretion of our community management team. please see Building Rule 1 for further info.(edited)

Examples of Allowed Mods:

• Optifine and FastCraft
  • Not Enough Items
  • WAILA (A.K.A. What Am I Looking At)
  • Inventory Tweaks
  • MorePlayerModels
  • Litematica (Formerly known as Schematica.)
  • JourneyMap (And any other mapping mod!)
  • Your favorite resource pack (Don’t forget shaders!)
  • HUD mods that show armor or effect status
  • Animations mods
    Examples of Disallowed Mods :
  • Xray mods or resource packs (These give an unfair advantage over others.)
  • Hacked Clients (These give an unfair advantage over others.)
  • Auto Fishing Mods (Fish shouldn’t catch themselves!)
  • GammaBright (We’d prefer you use torches or night-vision potions.)
  • PvP cheats (Like auto-attackers, player locators, etc.)

God Lore
God Lore is finally here! :tada: The lore team has been hard at work making sure everything is perfect. The God Lore can be found here:

Brewing Guide
We now have a guide for the Brewery plugin. If you’re just starting out or you’re stuck and just need a little help you can find the guide here:

New rank applications
If you’ve been on the server for a while and are looking for a new rank, we have two new ranks you can apply for! You can find the applications for Noble and Lord here:

The Settlement System
Whether you want to be the Ruler of a massive Kingdom or live in a little Hamlet, we have some perks you might be interested in. We have 7 stages of Settlement, each with their own perks and requirements. You can find the thread here:

That’s all the news I have for you today! I hope to see some new Settlements popping up over the next few weeks. Until next time, have a great day and I’ll see ya around!
-Kolbi

1 Like