The Ender and Ender Touched Creatures
The Ender is the name of a substance and an affliction transmitted by blood. It is the Ender Dragon’s legacy, having been conceived upon the dragon’s demise. It initially rose from the great beast’s corpse up into the clouds, then came down alongside the rains in the surrounding areas. Creatures who drank the contaminated water had the substance enter their bloodstreams: the Ender would then go on to fundamentally alter them in several irreparable ways. These afflicted creatures are typically denoted as Ender Touched Creatures.
- Ender touched creatures have darkvision and their eyes are tinted purple.
- Ender touched creatures have black blood. Their bites and blood/fluid transfers have a 25% (1d4) chance to infect another creature with the Ender, with a 48 hour time window to purify the afflicted creature.
- Water will burn on contact, feeling like fire to Ender touched creatures.
- Light magic is twice as effective against them.
- Ender touched creatures do not have a mana pool and instead have an ender pool, which initially has a size of 10 EP.
- Their ender pool can be refilled through shadow consumption, which can be done in a pitch-black area every 24 hours: this refills 10 EP.
- When an Ender Crystal is within 1 kilometer, an Ender touched creature can sense its presence and the general area in which it is located.
- Within a short time after infection, usually during 48 hours following the bite, they may be cured with pact magic or healing potions.
- If there are any other cures, they are unknown.
Ender touched creatures feel naturally drawn towards Ender Crystals: the Ender Dragon’s prized possessions while it was alive that had been heavily influenced by its presence. Today, they are scattered throughout the world, but when an Ender touched creature is near one (typically within 1 kilometer), they will feel its presence and immediately desire to find it, this craving being similar to a starving man’s desire for food.
When consumed, these Ender Crystals enhance the abilities of these creatures, often granting them new spells but at the cost of an increasingly undeniable yearning to seek out more.
By consuming Ender Crystals, Ender touched creatures can greatly expand their capabilities. But, unbeknownst to them, the more they consume, the closer they come to dissolution: The death of their individuality and the destruction of their physical form.
First Ender Crystal
- Their skin pales considerably
- Gain the ability to suck all light out of an area of 1 cubic meter. This costs 5 EP and is not large enough for shadow consumption.
- Gain the ability to conjure a dagger made of pure darkness for 10 EP.
Second Ender Crystal
- Ender Pool expands to 20 EP
- Gain the ability to throw a small ball of concentrated darkness for 15 EP
- Gain the ability to conjure a scimitar made of pure darkness for 20 EP
- Bite/Blood Transfers have a 33.3% (1d3) chance to infect, with a 24 hour time window to purify
Third Ender Crystal
- Innate knowledge of the locations of other Ender touched beings
- Their skin darkens considerably, becoming grey or even black.
- Gain the ability to appear as a being made of concentrated darkness for 15 EP. This can help one to blend in with the shadows more easily.
Fourth Ender Crystal
- Ender Pool expands to 30 EP.
- Gain the ability to throw a medium ball of concentrated darkness for 30 EP
- Black and Purple particles appear when they near an Ender Crystal or cast spells. The closer they are to an Ender Crystal, the more appear.
Fifth Ender Crystal
- Gain the ability to breath purple poisonous gas once every 48 hours.
- Gain the ability to detect in which direction the nearest Ender Crystal is for 30 EP.
- Dream shadow consumption can be performed, which refills 25 EP and can be done every time they sleep for at least 6 hours.
- They begin to lose touch of their identity/personality, often having irrational bursts of hatred towards non-ender friends and family.
Sixth Ender Crystal
- Ender Pool expands to 40 EP
- Grow tiny useless darkness wings
- Gain the ability to summon a double-bladed darkness axe with boomerang properties for 30 EP
- Gain the ability to summon a darkness spike that isn’t very sharp but can penetrate through exposed skin to infect for 40 EP
- Bite/Blood/Spike has a 50% (1d2) chance to infect, 12 hour time window to purify
Seventh Ender Crystal
- Wings grow to the size of angel wings, but can’t be used to fly without magic
- Gain the ability to empower their darkness wings to fly at the speed of an angel for 10 minutes for 15 EP
- Gain the ability to put someone to sleep if they consent for 35 EP
- They have an incurable and irrational deep-rooted hatred of anyone who isn’t ender-touched
Eighth Ender Crystal
- Ender Pool expands to 50 EP
- Gain the ability to teleport up to 10 feet away after 20 seconds of channeling for 25 EP
- Gain the ability to teleport up to 5 feet away after 5 seconds of channeling for 50 EP
- Gain the ability to teleport up to 50 feet away after a minute of channeling for 50 EP
- Their personality is almost completely shifted into one of an animal or a drug-addict desperately searching for their next fix
Ninth Ender Crystal
- At this point, the Ender touched creature is absolutely unable to resist the call of the tenth and final ender crystal: no magic can stop this
- Gain the ability to teleport up to 5 feet away instantaneously for 15 EP
- Gain the ability to teleport up to 20 feet away after 5 seconds of channeling for 20 EP
- Gain the ability to teleport up to 100 feet away after 10 seconds of channeling for 25 EP
- Gain the ability to put someone to sleep after touching them for 30 seconds for 40 EP
Tenth Ender Crystal
- Dissolution: Their physical form disappears and they become one with the Ender.